Effective Date: August 28, 2018
Thank you for using Zirtue!
Throughout this policy, we use the term "personal information" to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been aggregated and/or anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the website or use one of our mobile applications, we collect your IP address, and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website. We also may collect certain geo-location information. If you do not agree to our collection of this information, you may not be able to use our Service.
If you open a Zirtue account, we collect the following information from you:
- Account Information - text-enabled cellular/wireless telephone number, machine or mobile device ID and other similar information.
- Identification Information - your name, street address, email address, date of birth, and SSN (or other governmental issued verification numbers).
- Device Information - information about you: (a) from your mobile device such as your device type, machine or mobile device identification number, geo-location, time zone, language setting, browser type, and IP address, and (b) from third parties for purposes of transaction processing, identity verification, fraud detection or prevention and other similar purposes. For fraud prevention purposes, we also may link your machine ID with the machines of others who use your same payment cards.
- Social Web Information - including but not limited to your Facebook connect credentials and email account information. If you authorize Facebook Connect, the plug in allows us access to your friends’ contact information. We also allow you to import data from other social web services, including but not limited to Twitter, FourSquare, and email service providers. Social and e-mail contact information helps you connect to friends and contacts for invitation and payment transmission purposes (as well as helping us improve the Services and fight fraud). Additionally, another Zirtue user may mention you in a transaction to which you are not a party by “tagging” your username in a transaction note or comment. When you are mentioned in a transaction note or comment into which you have visibility (e.g., a public transaction, a “friends only” transaction by one of your Zirtue friends, or a comment on either such transaction), a link to your Zirtue profile will appear in the transaction note or comment and, if your push notifications are turned on, you will receive a push notification about the mentions. You may manage certain contact preferences and notifications in your account settings.
- Financial Information - bank account online login information, bank account and routing numbers and credit cards linked to your Zirtue account. Zirtue does not share financial information with third party social networking services such as those listed in the prior bullet.
We are committed to providing a safe, secure and all around great Service. Therefore, before permitting you to use our Service, we may require additional information from you we can use to verify your identity, address or other information or to manage risk and compliance throughout our relationship. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as identity verification, fraud prevention and similar services.
When you are using the Zirtue, we collect information about your account transactions and we may collect information about your computer or other access device for fraud prevention and other similar purposes.
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from any individuals under the age of 18.
Do Not Track: Do Not Track ("DNT") is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third-parties. We do not respond to DNT signals.
HOW WE PROTECT & STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store and process your personal information using third party servers located in data centers in the United States. This information is protected by physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We also use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our office and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
We strive to ensure security on our systems. Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee that personal information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of our administrative, managerial and technical safeguards. Therefore, we urge you to take adequate precautions to protect your personal data as well, including never sharing your Zirtue password with anyone.
If Zirtue learns of a systems security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Zirtue, you agree that Zirtue may communicate with you electronically. Zirtue may post a notice on the website or mobile application if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice of a security breach), please email us at email@example.com
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, fun and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions or your network activity;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- create an account connection between your Zirtue account and a third-party account or platform;
- customize, personalize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
- send you updates about new products and services that we are offering to customers;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties; and
- perform other duties as required by law.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITHIN THE ZIRTUE NETWORK
To process payments on Zirtue, we need to share some of your personal information with the person or company that you are paying or is paying you. Your contact information, date of sign-up, the number of payments you have received and other verification metrics like social graph activity may be provided to users or companies when you transact with, on, or through Zirtue.
We work with vendors to enable them to accept payments from you using Zirtue. In doing so, a vendor may share information about you with us, such as your mobile phone number or Zirtue username, when you attempt to pay that vendor. We use this information to confirm to that vendor that you are a Zirtue customer and that the vendor should enable Zirtue as a form of payment for your purchase.
Regardless, we will not disclose your credit card number or bank account number to anyone you have paid or who has paid you through Zirtue, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with a subpoena or other legal process.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER PARTIES
Zirtue does not share your personal information with third parties for their promotional or marketing purposes.
We may share your personal information with:
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties if Zirtue is compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure, when it is necessary to do so to comply with law, or where the disclosure of personal information is reasonably necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of the Zirtue User Agreement, or as otherwise required by law.
- Third party service providers who assist us in providing services to you or who provide fraud detection or similar services on our or any vendor’s behalf.
- The other Zirtue user participating in the transaction and, depending on the privacy setting of each Zirtue account transaction, your Zirtue friends and the Zirtue friends of the other user participating in the transaction, or the public, through the Zirtue feed on our website and mobile application and elsewhere on the internet.
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations (for example, fraud prevention, payment processing, or technology services). Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Other third parties with your consent or at your direction to do so, including if you authorize an account connection with a third-party account or platform.
- Information that we share with a third-party based on an account connection will be used and disclosed in accordance with the third-party’s privacy practices. Before authorizing an account connection, you should review the privacy notice of any third-party that will gain access to your personal information as part of the account connection. For example, personal information that Zirtue shares with a third-party account or platform such as a social media account may in turn be shared with certain other parties, including the general public, depending on the account’s or platform’s privacy practices.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS OR CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can review and update your personal information in your account settings at any time by logging in to your account.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The website or mobile application may contain links to other third-party websites. Zirtue does not control the information collection of third-party websites that can be reached through links from the website. We encourage our users to be aware when they are leaving the website and to read the privacy statements of any third-party website that collects personally identifiable information.
HOW TO CONTACT US